Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cicada Adventure

On Thursday {April 18th} we'd had a long busy day of work, the DMV and a bit of shopping. Once we'd gotten back home I watered the garden {which is growing marvelously!} and was sitting on the bed talking to my husband {who was making dinner or something} when I noticed I had a visitor. Crawling up the sleeve of my green sweater, looking rather alien in appearance  and scaring me till I realized it wasn't a spider coming to kill me, was a little green cicada. My husband, who had initially wondered why I almost screamed,  turned into a super excited little boy at the sight of the bug.

Apparently he's gown up seeing the empty shells every year, but never the bug itself. So when he finally got to see one, he was so excited and took all these pictures.




I still wish I had a better camera though.

No comments:

Post a Comment