On April 3rd, my kid brother turned fourteen. After we got home from manning the store, we headed over to hang out with my family and help with the preparations. We helped my mom make dinner {homemade burgers!} and I wrapped my brother's presents while my husband had fun social time with the boys playing video games. My sister frosted her homemade cake; she makes the best cakes!
I put the wrapped presents in a laundry basket and then hung out by the BBQ with my mom. When I bounced back in, I discovered my sister's cat, Georgia, had climbed into the basket and made herself at home.
She meowed and begged for attention, the silly girl.
Later, we found out that she'd ripped up one of his presents.
That's the birthday boy sitting down glaring at me. He was super excited to be turning fourteen but, being a manly boy, he didn't want to show it.
That's my sister, supervising the situation.
Isn't he cute as he waits for his dinner to be served?
My husband was having a grand time. He hasn't experienced a whole lot of Deaton-style birthdays, so he really enjoys them when they come around.
The kitchen got quite busy.
Mom doesn't like her picture being taken but I took it anyway. Sorry about that, mom. :)
Dinner is served!
After dinner, we had cake and ice cream. The cake was chocolate, if I remember correctly. It was delicious nonetheless.
Maddy punched the candles in place while Izac brought the ice cream in to soften up.
He blew out the candles, with cameras flashing and clicking all over the place. Okay, so mine doesn't have a flash. But still, you get the general idea.
Then the birthday boy opened his presents.
While being filmed and watched by everyone.
He got quite a lot of cool stuff. My husband and I got him glow sticks and a pocket notebook. He loves those!
I kept my sister company in the kitchen while she served up the dessert.
We had a bit of fun, like in the old days, making faces at each other and taking pictures. Then critiquing the pictures afterwards.
It was so touching to have my big happy family gathered around for my kid brother's special day. Everyone getting along and being so....happy.
I almost cried several times. I think my brother had a really good birthday this year.























No comments:
Post a Comment