Awhile back, while we were working in the garden pulling up grass and planting stuff, I found a black cicada.
He was one a stem of grass that I was about to rip out. So I rescued him and gave him to my preoccupied husband who was working on the sprinklers.
I set the bug on his knee and, surprisingly, the bug stayed there for quite some time while my husband worked. He was having fun having a bug hanging out with him.
And then I found a second black cicada after the first one flew away.
Since then, we're rather stopped counting how many of these unique bugs we come across.
Also, I did a wildflower arrangement when I was trying to get out of doing dishes. I picked some lovely white dogwood blossoms, a manzaneta branch, some deerbrush, and this lovely pink flower.
I've seen it growing around here for a long time now; but it wasn't until after I picked it that I realized, it's a wild Bleeding Heart. I was so excited I texted my mom and told her all about it.



.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment