Friday, May 10, 2013

Husband's Birthday, Part 1

My beloved husband turned 23 on April 21st. And I made sure he had a blast on his special day. I'd been teasing him about it for weeks, the poor man.

I decorated the fence two days before his birthday to rub it in a little. He moaned but took this picture for me.

I'd had the majority of his presents all wrapped up and hidden in a cabinet for awhile; so the night before his day, it was an easy matter to clear the table, put down the plastic table cloth, arrange his gifts, and fill out his card.

The next day we had to go to church so I wore a new dress and he wore a suit.

Once we were home and he'd lost his tie, he opened his presents. This was a dollar's worth of sea shells that he can make into stuff.

A little thing of Snapple juice flavored jelly beans that I couldn't resist getting for him.

A cupcake candle.

Cookies 'n Cream chocolate bar. He was super excited about that.

New socks {his toes poke outta his old ones}.

New underwear. Enough said.

I'm not entirely sure what he's opening in this picture, but I'm gonna take a guess and say it's his new 12 sided rubix cube I got him. I later regretted that decision; he got so frustrated trying to put it back to together.

And this is his brand new maple wood set of two wooden pens and matching gift box. It looks a lot more expensive than it actually was. That gift has been in the makings for a year now.

After lunch he decided to play with his new cube and see how far he could go with it.

Ruby stopped by and decided she wanted some of the fried chicken we'd had for lunch.

So she sat next to my husband and begged him; but he was preoccupied. I thought it was cute though.

And we caught a baby frog that was visiting.

Since it was such a lovely day out, we went up to Lovers' Leap. We drove part of the way so we wouldn't kill our legs. This was an interesting flower we found that I get to look up later.

Other people frequent this hidden local place - as is evidenced by their cravings on logs and rocks. Stick around for Part 2 for more birthday celebration fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment