Saturday, May 18, 2013

Husband's Birthday Part 3

Beginning where Part 2 left off, at Lovers' Leap, we have more breath-taking scary pictures.




This is where our main pathway comes down at.

And this is the branch-off my husband went exploring. It was actually rather incredible further in with a massive rock looming above our heads.

This was a neat giant tree we found that was all forked at the top.

We went and visited the giant oak tree. There were ants everywhere!

And, of course, he found a mostly-downed tree that he just couldn't resist climbing on.

Once up there, he posed for a picture


And then jumped down even though I told him not to. He landed well and didn't hurt himself on all the sticks laying around waiting to stab his bare feet.

There was a weather beaten gnarly little bush-tree along one path that was very interesting to look at.

After he took my picture I made him pose by the bush-tree and let me take one of him.

Once we'd tired ourselves out and brushed off all the ants, we headed back home and he played with his new cube some more.

Toward early evening we headed over to have a small party with my parents and siblings. My very talented sister made him a delicious maple cake, everyone sang the happy birthday song to him {which touched him very much}, and he opened the presents they'd got him. If and when I get those pictures from my mom's camera, I'll have a fourth part to this lovely post. But for now, I'll conclude that he had a wonderful birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment