Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sealed With Sealing Wax!

My husband has always been fascinated by old-fashioned seals for letters. He used to design his own on the computer and print them out. When I told him about actual seals, sealing wax and all that, it was like he'd been introduced to a wonderful world he'd known had existed but could never find the door to. So, when we finally went to the really great craft store in Grass Valley, I made a point ti show him the seal section.

Although the selection was a bit slim {the inventory is always changing there}, we got a lovely close-to-red stick of sealing wax {yes, it's pink}.

And a good sized seal that has a flowery G on it.

As soon as we got home, he lit the wax and tried out his new toy. I think it's a good buy. We'll just need to get some more sealing wax. *winks*

And just because I can, here is a picture of my husband at the craft store with this huge coffee mug we spotted. Note: we didn't purchase the mug. He'd have too much fun with it if we did.





No comments:

Post a Comment