Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Crash Course on How to Paint Fingernails

Since our wedding, my husband and I have had a blast teaching each other new things and doing "firsts." We even have a list of all the first things we've done together/in our lives. For example, first time {for me} having crab and lobster, while it was his first time trying to braid a woman's hair. He still needs to practice that one. Anyway, about two weeks ago, I taught my husband {crash-course style} another "first" and it was how to paint my nails. He loved it so much! But to save his manly ego, I won't tell you that. *winks*

I let him start with my toenails since, if they get all messed up I wouldn't mind as much.

We put a base coat down first. Or rather, I let him put the base coat down while I gave him repeated instructions and "helpful tips."

Then, after that dried, we put red down. He had a lot of fun doing that and it came out looking pretty good. I was impressed.

About a week later, I let him paint my fingernails. I was a bit more nervous about that than I had been about the toenails, but he did much better.

We'd bought a lovely turquoise shade of polish at the dollar store and it dried really fast. I quite liked it.

And then, for kicks, I added a red strip and a white bar. I decided I liked the white bar much better than the red strip but I will have to wait till I paint my nails again to redo it. Still, not bad for his first time painting fingernails. *grins*



No comments:

Post a Comment