Saturday, April 20, 2013

Gardening and Mocha

We had a session of wanna-be spring in about mid to late March {followed by a very wet Easter weekend}, during which my husband and I worked out in our garden and talked about what we want to grow. {See later post on that}. I should say that I worked on the garden while he, having done his part in raking and keeping me company, worked on making a battle ax.

Anyway, I'd planted sunflower seeds {which are now starting to pop up, yay!}, cleaned out the herb bed, turned the dirt a little, pulled out a bunch of weeds and that nasty marjorium that grows like a weed, planted basil and chives, and then watered everything.

Mocha, my family's sweet wonderful Lab dog, spent nearly the entire day hanging out with us.

But after awhile she got bored first with me throwing grass around, and then with my husband making his ax.

So she went and took a nap.

She's so sweet though and posed for a picture before I walked her home.

And just because I don't really know where else to put these, here are some pictures of a lovely flower we have for sale at our store. It was all wet from a rainy day.


So beautiful.

This is the ax he was making. Not bad for a rough draft. *winks*

And this is the dagger my husband is making for me. It's almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment