On the second day of our wonderful enchanted {ish} weekend {see previous post There Be Giants Yet, Jack!}, we went to Rollins' Lake. Now, if you Google it or live nearby, you'll know its this huge man-made lake that we always drive by and which looks green most of the time. I bet there's a mermaid stuck in it.
Anyway, we had a picnic in the car and then scrambled down this little pathway.
We hung out on the little outcropping of rocks where I'm seated and amused ourselves throwing rocks in the water. My barefoot husband explored a little and had fun climbing all over the steep rocky bank.
I had fun taking lots of pictures.
You can't see them in this picture, but there were little ducks way out on the water.
I pulled some rocks out and stuck them in his pocket, requesting that he make them into necklaces for me.
He stole the camera.
And then I got it back. Since what I mean by the climbing around stuff?
The water was freezing cold so we quit sticking our hands in it after awhile.
It was lovely though.
And then he started skipping rocks.
I enjoyed that part of the day the most because I got to take pictures, watch his enjoyment of making the rocks fly, and I got to find him some really good skippers.
He made a new record of nine skips in a row with a rock I gave him.
He's so cute and adorable!
He said his arm hurt for three or four days afterwards from all the rocks he threw.
But at least we both had a good time and nobody fell in the water. *looks suspiciously at a certain someone* We never found the mermaid though.
.jpg)

























No comments:
Post a Comment