Thursday, June 4, 2015

Shopping Trip!

On Monday my sister and I took the baby for a girls' only shopping trip and we had a little too much fun!

Our first stop was Ben Franklin's craft store {a family favorite place to shop}. I spotted this cute little book full of empty envelopes to write letters to your future self in the journal section. While I didn't purchase it, I thought it was a clever idea.

Also in the journal section was this stunning little gem from Peter Pauper Press {my favorite journal publishing company}. Someday I'll own this little book, but for now, I'll settle with the green Irish themed journal by the same company that I've been eyeing for awhile now.

In the dollar bin, I found this cute little babbles and thought my husband would enjoy seeing them, since he loves birds and makes jewelry sometimes.

There were also lots of little bottles, including this fun tube. I couldn't figure out what fun project I could do with it so I passed on buying it.

It was around this point that I realized my sister had walked off with my baby so I tracked them down in the fabric section looking at patterns. I found this apron pattern that I want someday; I have this secret dream of making my own aprons.

These aprons were also pretty cute!

And then I found a dress pattern with my name on it!

And a skirt! I've never wished I had a sewing machine and endless money for fabric before.

Meanwhile, my sister found this cute pattern and bought it to make a dress for the baby to wear to a friend's up coming wedding. We then ran around the store looking at fabric for quite awhile and decided on some lovely teal shades with a light blue ribbon belt. We consulted the baby a few times when we couldn't decide between two similar shades.

After stopping at a dollar store for other supplies like shaving cream, we had lunch at the delicious Panda Express and headed to an airsoft store so my sister could get a few things on my brother's list. The sleepy baby was unimpressed by the pink cameo hat.

So I took her out to the car in an attempt to get her to go to sleep. Except that she found my sister's headset and decided to play with it instead. I used my camera for these pictures; they came out so much better than my phone's camera.


Once my sister returned, we were able to continue our adventures.

Mostly.

So we went to Kmart and spent a great deal of time in the shoe section looking for sandals to wear to the wedding. We found the baby's first and she had a lot of fun playing with the little box they were in.


I've never bought brand new shoes in such a small cute box before.

My sister really liked these Roman sandals.

I didn't think they looked very good on me but I did like the support along the ankle.

I did find these lovely little slip on sandals that I really liked so, after consulting my husband and the bride, I got them.

I still had fun trying on other shoes, including these slip-on lifts that reminded me of an old pair of shoes I once had and really liked.

My sister went back and forth until she finally decided on these beauties. After that, we got the important items like diapers that we needed and skipped our other stops, since we were running late on our time schedule. We did have to swing by the market for my mom and since the baby had just fallen asleep, I ran in and got all the shopping done in 20 minutes while my sister babysat.

As a reward for our hard labor, we indulged in some delicious smoothies and tried this fun new flavor that we both really enjoyed. We're gonna have to get it more often now.

Once home, I had fun showing off my purchases to my husband. These are all key parts for a surprise project I'm putting together.

And these are cute little notebooks and the Irish journal I got at Ben Franklin's, along with a photo album my sister and I are gonna fill with pictures for my dad for Father's Day.

The baby decided she needed some picture time too.

But after dinner and some goofing off, she was so tired, she flopped onto her Daddy's shoulder and went right to sleep. Poor baby. My husband had been working hard all day while I was off having fun so he was out like a light as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment