Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Wedding Weekend Part 3: The Wedding!

So if you've seen my previous two posts, then you know all about our long drive to Oregon and how our first day with the rehearsal and everything went. 


After we'd had breakfast and socialized on Saturday, we separated and started the grueling process of getting all dolled up and ready for the wedding. With my husband's help, I fixed my hair - wearing it pulled back but down like he likes. Then I slipped my lovely new dress on and curled my eye lashes before applying lipstick. My husband kept telling me to go over to the big house to have the girls play with my hair but I was shy and didn't want to. That turned out to be a good decision because it freed me up to help them with their hair, running around and wrestling with the wind to put the seat covers on the chairs.


The colorful blue dot is me in the above picture. My sister was busily attaching the skirt to the handmade dress for the baby and when that was finished, she woke Husband up to babysit so she could get ready and help set up the chairs. It was by then around noon and crunch time. Everyone was getting a little stressed out. But then the bride was finally ready and we were all set for the big event.


With some instructions, the bridesmaids and I with the little sleepy flower-girl lined up and waited.


First came the handsome groom with his parents.



The groomsmen all waited for the ladies.


And after some quite last minute pictures, they were off! {There is a recording of them coming down but no pictures. And I have to experiment loading videos on here some more.}


Then came the little flower girl. She didn't like the wind whipping sand around and whimpered the whole short walk down while I shook her basket and cheered her on.


Everyone oohed and awwed her.


Then the bride arrived with her father.


The groom was so happy. :)


The ceremony opened with prayer and the guys all struck a manly pose.



During the ceremony there were lots of tears among everyone, including the lovely photographer. I only had sand in my eyes. Mostly.


The ladies in their lovely dresses.




They exchanged rings after a lot of advice was given to {mostly} Robert. We found that humorous.




Then one final prayer and they were married! I don't have a picture of their first kiss; it all kinda passed by in a blear. They walked back down the aisle hand in hand and were soon surrounded by the cheering wedding party. It was a relief and a huge surge of excited emotion all at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment