Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thanksgiving Day and A Leafy Hairdo

Thanksgiving is always a huge event with my family. Every year we go up to my Aunt's house and have a wonderful time together. So, I slapped some pictures together to give you a glimpse of that special time, especially since this year was extra special because my husband was meeting the majority of my family for the first time.

This was the day before the big day. It rained and was so beautiful out.

On the big day itself, we woke up early - partly because we had to be at my parents' house around nine and partly cause I needed the extra time to do up my hair. My husband helped by taking pictures and holding various disobedient strands of hair.

After brushing it, I gathered two small clusters of hair on either side of my head and braided them. Then, {there are no pictures for this part because my photographer had to put the camera down and use his hands to help me}, I wrapped them around my head and stuck them together with a stretchy hair thingy. That done, I loose the rest of my hair from the ponytail and stuck in the leaf clips my husband had made for me.

My hair still was all messy

But I loved the effects of the leaf clips.

And as a final touch, I stuck the flower clip to hide where the braids met.

On the drive up to my parents' house, where we would car pool to my aunt's house, the scenery was so lovely I couldn't resist taking pictures even though I knew our camera phone wouldn't be able to capture the riot of color around us.


He was focused on driving and looked so good doing it.



Remember the post I made awhile back about the bridge and little creek? Well, here's the bridge again!

I don' think taking pictures with the window up is such a good idea but it looks neat so I'll leave it.

It was grand to see my wonderful family again. This is the host, my uncle Floyd.

Here is the hostess, Aunt Debbie {my Dad's sister} and their brother, my uncle John. In the background you can see my husband.


My dad doesn't like having his picture taken after two shots, plus there was another camera flashing at the same time as mine. Mom didn't even notice.

Aunt Debbie is a wonderful chef and the best Aunt anyone could ask for.

This is my cousin Pete's dog Nellie. I want a pug too. 

My siblings had cornered Pete and were forcing him to play video games with them.

Matthew was watching. It didn't save him from having his picture taken though.

Poor Pete



Uncle Floyd was having fun using up the film in his camera.

And just for kicks, another picture of sweet Nellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment