Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Creative Dinners

Meals! I dunno why but every so often we like to take pictures of the meals {usually dinner} that we made. Probably because making said meals on our own is still new to us and we sometimes try new things which, when they turn out great, makes us happy so we take a picture to help remember the meal.

This was one of the meals we made while still out in Rhode Island. Baked beans and hot dogs. It was better than it sounds, trust me.

I was making the meal pictured below in our temporary quarters once back in California.

It's homemade soup made from leftover pasta chopped up with yummy ground beef and a fruit salad on the side. I was tickled about the salad since I've always wanted to make one.

My cheery has its blueberry eye on you.

This was a very yummy surprise dinner my husband put together for me. A slice of ham, homemade mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, and sweet cinnamon rolls.

I made this shortly after we moved into our apartment. It's regular old pasta salad that we get in a box {yes, it's cheating, yes it's really good, no it probably isn't healthy for me}, with olives and imitation crab meat {that stuff is like candy to my kid brother and I}. It was delicious!

Delicious spaghetti with a salad, bread-and-butter, and milk for him. I forget what I had.

This is my husband's amazing spaghetti dish made with canned mushrooms and hot dogs/sausage. It's so good! 

This is potato salad on the side and a burger with little itty bitty shrimp on it. It was really good. My husband called it Surf 'n Turf. The only problem was that the little shrimps kept falling out and had to be speared with a fork. *grins*

This was a simple but oh so delicious meal that consisted of rice and yummy baked ham. It sure hit the spot that day.

And this is my husband's homemade mashed potatoes, a cut of pork seasoned with steak marinade {it was a hit!}, and a blueberry muffin I'd made earlier in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment