My time in Rhode Island, while brief, was one of the highlights of my life and will remain with me as one of my fondest memories. It was where I met the amazing Meghan and Danny, and married my best friend and wonderful husband Matthew. It was the beginning of a new chapter in my life. Granted, the previous chapter had been a very dark unpleasant one that was very painful. But for me, Rhode Island will always be the place God sent me to heal and recover in the beauty and light of new surroundings and wonderful people. Someday, I fully intend to go back.
Sometimes we would decide to have donuts for breakfast so we would take a long pleasant walk down to Dunk n' Donuts and order a whole dozen then wander back up toward the library that had such wonderful hours. To get there we had to cross a bridge over this lovely stream. Or is it a creek?
It was very beautiful.
Rhode Island had lots of beautiful flowers everywhere. This particular group of flowers was outside the mall.
Beautiful, aren't they?
I don't remember where this flower bed was but I loved the colors.
In his hometown were more beautiful flowers begging to be photographed. These little ones are moss roses; it was very fun for me to find something familiar in a new place.
Isn't this a very tasteful way to decorate the general public areas?
More moss roses. There were also, in Providence, gorgeous hanging baskets of flowers that hung from the street lamps. We took pictures but I don't know where I stuck them. I also saw some dark, dark purple pansies {or something similar}. I'd never seen them in that shade before. I don't have pictures though cause we had to run and catch our bus home.
This was a lovely fountain near the main bus station in Providence.
Providence had lots of tall buildings.
Some of them had statues and carvings on them that looked very interesting. The bank for example.
There were also tons of pigeons everywhere. This was especially fascinating for me because I'd grown up with pigeons but they had all been red and brown; these were all gray and black. If we'd found a grey pigeon among the flock my family raised, we'd count it as a very wonderful thing because they were so rare. Here in Providence, if you saw a red or brown, it'd be rare.
They were very animated birds too. Silly pigeons.














No comments:
Post a Comment