On Sunday, October 21st, we went up to visit my family and help them pick tomatoes before the three-day storm hit. On our way home that evening, despite being dirty and tired, we stopped by the creek we have to cross to reach my folks and decided to pick leaves and take pictures since, in all the years I'd lived there I hadn't done that before. It's very beautiful this time of year - not to mention rather cold. The roar of the creek was very loud too which was amusing. It's called Bear Creek I think.
Anyway, that's the little bridge we drive over.
And that's the lovely pool the rushing water spills into. The banks are very steep and deep so I was a bit nervous since my husband has a thing for heights and I don't. He's also very energetic and thinks he's unbreakable.
He did find me a lovely huge leaf though which I liked.
At this point, being dressed in jeans and hiking boots, we decided to try scrambling down the said steep banks. We stopped about halfway cause we started wondering how we'd get back up. We managed to get some neat pictures though.
Now we're back up topside and making our way across the bridge.
Who knew how scary yet cool it looks when looking straight down from the height of a bridge out over the rushing roaring rocky "waterfall" below you. Needless to say, I didn't let him go too far or scramble around like he wanted to.
The side opposite to where we'd scrambled around looked like it would be easier to climb so we might try again sometime. Maybe.
Isn't he cute?












No comments:
Post a Comment