Tuesday, October 30, 2012

An Event at the Library

A couple weeks ago on Oct 18th, I was asked to participate in an event held at my local library and sponsored by the Friends of the Library group. It featured myself and another young author, 13 yr. old Nico, talking about writing and self-publishing our books. It was a very fun event and these are some of the pictures my husband took.

This was prior to leaving for the event. I was dressed as my main character, Ardella Cleveland. She gets a different colored dress and {recent development} necklace in each book. The first book, The Lost Rubies, featured her in, obviously, a blue dress.

Nico spoke first. He wrote his book when he was nine and had it self-published via Createspace recently.

Now its my turn. I'm tickled to say I didn't refer to my notes.

We also read from our books. I'm so glad I practiced reading aloud to my siblings all those years; it really paid off.


The blonde lady is Nico's mother and the lady in the right hand corner is Pauline, one of the Friends of the Library representative who helped organize the event.

Question and Answer Session!

It was very fun.

They asked lots of good questions too.



And there ya go, a final picture of the authors taken by my wonderful husband. He was tickled to be in charge of the camera since he doesn't like his picture being taken. Poor man, I'm always taking it anyway. *giggles and grins*


No comments:

Post a Comment