From the beginning of July to the beginning of September, my husband worked a temporary part-time summer job at Rollins Lake. He manned the little store there that supplied campers with necessary things like marshmallows, bandages, cold sodas and aloe vera for their sunburns. I would come with him on Sundays {since I wasn't working at my parents' store on that day and didn't want to spend the whole day by myself at home} and help him organize the store or just enjoy the day outside.
There were a lot of ducks that call the lake home and on my first day there, in the early morning, I got to enjoy throwing chips at them and watching them scramble around to get at the food.
Unknown to me {at the time}, my husband thought I was being cute and took a few pictures.
On another hot summer day, I got bored with my book and wandered down to the beach where I splashed around in the shallows.
My skirt got a little wet when I stopped to pose. Ah, if only we had a zoom button on our phone.
My husband loves to swim but gets few opportunities to do so. So, one day after work, he decided he was gonna go swimming. We'd brought along our towels and swimsuits since he'd been talking about going swimming for awhile.
He jumped in and left me on the beach with the phone - a decision he later regretted since I started taking his picture.
When he failed to persuade me to put the camera down, he decided to do a little showing off.
He swam out to the floating dock and spent awhile doing jumps and back-flips off of it into the murky lake water.
When he got bored with that, he lazily swam back to shore looking for my attention.
He'd temporarily forgotten about the camera I think.
But the cutie posed for me anyway. I snapped this picture before he made a grab to pull me into the water.
Once dry, he took the camera away from me. Thankfully, when I decided to go for a swim a few days later, he was so busy he wasn't able to get his revenge for all the pictures I took of him.
We saw a lot of really cute puppies over the summer. This one, an Australian shepherd mix, was the cutest one in my opinion.
On days when I wasn't with him, my husband would get bored and lonely {for such a sociable guy, he gets bored and lonely very easily when I'm not around}, and he'd send me lots of beach and duck pictures.
Once in awhile he'd throw in a lizard picture to keep me on my toes.
For the most part, he enjoyed working at the lake. And for the most part, I enjoyed going there with him. But neither of us is sure if it's an adventure we want to repeat. *winks*


.jpg)

























No comments:
Post a Comment