Saturday, May 3, 2014

A Collection of Summer Afternoons

This is a little bit of a random post. We had so many adventures over the summer that I can only document a few of them.
This one documents a lazy afternoon when we were visiting my family and decided to go for a walk with my siblings.

Being pregnant and not in a hurry, I dropped behind and my husband kept me company while my bold, fearless siblings forged ahead.

They all grew up so fast. I felt nostalgic watching them saunter ahead of me, and still feel the same looking at the pictures today. My sister, all the way over on the right, went from a petite shy girl with bouncing curls to a tall, strong {rather scary} young woman with a tough outer shell and a soft interior.

The middle brother, now a man in his own right and recently turned eighteen, has remained steady in his interests {consisting mainly of history and weaponry}, and is still the good-natured mild mannered character he was as a child. The youngest brother, over on the left, is rapidly growing up - both in character and in stature. He'll soon outgrow me and considering how tall I am {and how long I've been the tallest in my family}, that's saying something. He's developing into a very quiet observant individual. The third brother declined to accompany us that day and the dog, well she was just happy to be out walking the neighborhood with everyone. 

Speaking of said dog, here she is crashed out "guarding" us on a different afternoon.

My husband had the camera and wanted to take pictures of the sunset {at least, I think that's what his excuse was; in reality, I think he just wanted to climb the tree}. In this picture, you can see our trailer and tiny little me sitting in a chair reading.

Here's a lovely shot of the ground and his feet.

And the sun bouncing off of the surrounding trees.

And the ground. So, it would appear that he just wanted to climb the tree and pretend to be a squirrel. *smiles*

Also that summer, we had a very big annoying bear stomping around for a few nights. He walked through our garden and left several very large prints for us to marvel at.

No comments:

Post a Comment