Tuesday, October 7, 2014

October Thoughts

October is here at last! It's my favorite month of the year and that has nothing {okay, a small part} to do with the fact that my birthday is in October. With cooler temperatures after the hot dry yuckiness of summer and the hint of rain in the air {or actual rain, like we had last weekend}, October is a breath of fresh air. Leaves start changing color, pumpkins magically appear in supermarkets, sweaters are pulled out of closets, and people start looking forward to winter. Also, if you're a writer like me, you get more inspired to write. I think it's because its too hard to think in the heat of summer when you're busy running around doing stuff, but in the Autumn you slow down. NaNoWriMo is also coming up soon - next month! - but I haven't decided if I'm gonna participate or not yet.

On my mind for October is mainly birthdays {so many October babies}, writing my current secret project {maybe not so secret - ish}, and spiced apple cider. I found a recipe for pumpkin apple cider that I so want to try now. I just need two more ingredients and then I'll experiment this weekend. Yummy! For my birthday, I'm planning on making a pumpkin cake for the first time. I sure hope it turns out. But, despite the trend, I don't think we'll be trying pumpkin ice cream this year. That has a chance of being not-so-good. Baby has tried pumpkin and seems to like it, so she just might get some of the homemade cake too.

With the start-up of all our favorite {and new favorite} Tv shows, trips to the library yield smaller stacks of DVDs, which is fine by me. But the reading side of things seems to be picking up a little after a summer slump. Still haven't finished that one biography yet, but I'm confident I can try for a third attempt. That's the beauty of library books. I really want to buy and read Baby Led Weaning since I'm right at that stage with baby, but we'll see how the finances pan out. I do plan on selling about two dozen of my personal books that I didn't like or don't want anymore so hopefully that will free up space and cash for me to buy more. Yay!

The harvest is all in, mostly, and we're rearranging our cramped quarters before we settle down for a cold winter in a too-small cabin. I do wish it would rain though,


No comments:

Post a Comment