This past Christmas was our first Christmas together as a married couple so my husband kinda went all out. At least, as all out as his budget and his wife would let him. *winks*
The first thing we did was get some Christmas lights and a tree. This strand of lights was very long so we wrapped it around our tree, draped it across our dresser and hung the rest up in the window by our bed so we'd have a "nightlight" outside.
This is our little tree. We got a few cheap ornaments, some cherry candy canes, and a strand of ribbon. We didn't have a topper for it but at one point I stuck a bow up there and called it good.
Lights on!
Isn't it pretty? We put a blanket down to act as a tablecloth and then started collecting a few presents under the tree.
See? We arranged the presents one day so I could take some pictures.
My husband loves ribbon so we took some of the vast collection of ribbon and tied up the presents.
He put name tags on the ones from him. I just tried to remember which ribbon I'd used to tie his up with.
Our dresser was, for once, rather clean in this picture.
What's in the box?
Teddy is! My little birthday bear is hiding. I later used the box for one of my husband's presents - the most important one.
Our stockings - his is red and mine is blue.
He added some extra decorations.
Our Christmas card collection. We hung a few others on our tree {not pictured}.
My parents' store even got a little holiday decor` going on. My mom used to paint windows for a living before she married my dad so she got out her paints and brushes and whipped out these stars.
Aren't they lovely?



















No comments:
Post a Comment