Friday, February 8, 2013

An Unnecessarily Wordy Post

I think its been awhile since I posted a non-photo update on here. Picture posts are just easier - ya don't have to think of a whole lot to say and well, it's pictures. Although sometimes picture posts are harder because I have to send them from my phone to my email then upload them, rotate, upload to Blogger, organize, occasionally get mad at Blogger for messing stuff up, and then think up captions for the pictures. So exhausting. *pretends to pant and look sleepy* But sometimes it is much easier to tell a story in pictures. It certainly makes a nice change for me, because I tell stories all the time. I write novels {I have four or five finished stories, some of which are supposed to be getting edited right now} and short stories - currently I have one major novel in-progress, one short story revision midway done, and several ideas banging around waiting to be caught and penned down. I also spin stories out of thin air on a daily bases; lately my husband and I have been jokingly trying to guess what our children will like in ten-plus years. I can also tell a real-life event in story-form when recounting our adventures to friends and family. In addition to that, I also read a lot and carry on long conversations with my husband about all kinds of stuff. So I'm very wordy and surrounded by words; thus making my picture posts such a nice change. But there comes a time when even a blog needs a wordy post { that cliff story doesn't count}. And here it is. *smiles*

Anyway, that outta the way, let's do the actual update part of the post. So, in January our food stamps were disconcertingly and unexpectedly turned off. My husband got in touch with the CA food stamp guys and spent a couple weeks jumping through their hoops. CA wanted a whole lot more information than Rhode Island did, but finally we got the whole thing cleared up. They sent us the card in the mail {we still don't know why} and then went out to get some food. Nice yummy food. *wanders off in a daydream* So, we did that. January was kinda a stressful month, between the food stamps and our landlord acting up. Also, our hot water heater wanted to take a vacation and tried to make an outdoor pool while it was at it; the heater threw a temper tantrum when we told it that it couldn't do any of that.

The biggest thing going on for February is moving and Valentine's Day. We're moving back up to my parents' property to cut back on rent and to help out with the giant garden that is growing even bigger this year. We'll be in a trailer at first so I really hope Winter doesn't come back in March like she always does; however, if it snows then we'll make do and pile on the layers and blankets. *winks* Having been away from gardening for several months now, I'm keen to start planting stuff again - especially flowers. I love flowers. Planting, growing, and then, most importantly, picking them! Which brings us to Valentine's Day. He won't tell me what he's got planned for the fourteenth but I know he has plans because he keeps tormenting me about having plans. I know it involves chocolate {I requested chocolate covered cherries; note to self: put that at top of shopping list ASAP} and most likely roses and a nice dinner, but beyond that I'm not sure. However, I can take this time to sweetly savor and enjoy my only weapon of revenge: his birthday is in April. Muhahaha! In exactly seventy-two days my sweet husband will turned twenty-three. Note to self: raid husband's wallet and hide money to save for birthday presents.

In minor news, I cut my hair short last week. I'd previously trimmed it for split ends and such back around the holidays, but it was still at it's annoying I-can't-grow-any-longer-so-I'm-gonna-turn-into-tangles-and-drive-you-insane length. So I had my husband, after much talking, debating about length, etc., cut the braid in half and then even it up one night. Now it brushes the tops of my shoulders and is so much easier to clean, brush and take care of. I kinda miss it being long though; I still treasure the dream of someday having lovely waist-long hair {it just won't be shiny and silky smooth in reality like it is in my dreams}. Someday hair, someday. But in the meantime, my husband is happy because I quit whining about my hair {for now} and wear it down all the time since it's shorter, and I'm happy because it's one chore made a little bit easier and pleasant to take care of. Also, it's cute. *winks*

My husband shaved off his mustache. He did it to coax it to grow back in thicker {sorta like when he shaved off his cute chin fuzz a few months back}. However, his lip looks so bald and funny now that I'm sitting there going, "What happened to your lip?" Also, despite growing his hair out and experimenting with combing it back instead of parting it, he has decided he wants a haircut. He won't let me do it though. *pouts* In the way of injuries, which are common to my accident-prone lover, he has a lovely scratch on his forehead from greeting the doorjamb unexpectedly, and a healing burn mark on his back from getting too comfy with the stove. He also had poison oak or ivy on his wrist which he has been rubbing with medicine regularly. It's healing wonderfully now. *happy face*

That's all for now. If I tell you about the books I've been reading lately and some of the movies we've been watching, you'll be here all day. *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment