May has been a fairly uneventful month overall, giving Mummy and Daddy time to relax and get other things done. But June is just around the corner and with it are coming several big changes in Pumpkin's life. First and foremost is the beginning of her immune suppressant therapy next week. I'm particularly worried about this since methotrexiate is a chemo drug and she's only two. I don't know how she'll respond and I'm really hoping and praying that she won't have any complications and will go into remission sooner than later so we don't have to keep giving her this drug for the rest of her life. All of the blood draws and long drives will take their toll, cutting into my husband's work and my sleep as the pregnancy progresses.
Which is another big change in Pumpkin's life. In just over a month Pumpkin will have a new sister! I'm bracing for little help around the house as my husband and sister work, I'm bracing for long fussy days with Pumpkin as she adjusts to her new sister and not being able to have Mummy at her beck and call anymore, I'm bracing for the normal nastiness after childbirth and for running around to appointments for Pumpkin much sooner than I probably should be. I'm also stressing over not being as ready for Baby's arrival as I wanted to be; I was hoping to at least have gotten a new diaper bag by now but due to limited funds, I'll be lucky if we can afford the newborn diapers themselves!
There's more going on but these are the two main issues on my pregnant tired mind right now. Hence the lack of posts. Pumpkin is walking and talking, seeing her physical therapist regularly and only has one nasty vaccine left which is scheduled after she begins immune suppressant therapy {weird, I know}. I was able to put together a GoFundMe page for my Pumpkin, so if you're feeling generous or just want to share our story in a convenient way, please click the link and share all you wish. We could really use any and all the help we can get. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment