Blogging has taken a low shelf in my life lately and sometimes that's fine {I really don't have much room on my plate right now anyway} but sometimes it really bothers me. I get the urge to write about something or I feel like I'm way behind in blogging and will never catch up again. Normally I'd go have a shot of vodka or a glass of wine at that point but since I can't, I eat all our ice cream and clean the house. And even though I get a clean house {mostly, toddlers are so messy}, I still didn't actually do any writing or blogging and part of me feels unfulfilled by that knowledge. It's worse when my brain starts writing a really interesting or witty post and I realize I'm not actually typing it up, I'm just scrubbing dishes and folding laundry.
On the plus side, I think things are starting to even out. The whole vaccine issue seems to be resolved, although sadly, not in our favor so poor Pumpkin has to go get her shots and then some nasty heavy duty meds for her arthritis. I'm really hoping that it works and she doesn't have any bad reactions to the shots or the medication. Her diet is still tricky to pin down but I'm working on Step 3 which is to increase her fruit and vegetable intake. We made pizza twists and a salad last night for dinner. She sat there at the table and ate a bunch of olives, some bell pepper and some parsley so I was happy. At least until she started smushing the kiwi into the table and throwing olives at her new puppy.
Speaking of, my mom surprised us on Sunday with a cute little puppy for Pumpkin. The puppy is a girl and two months old, a funny sort of Chihuahua-pug mix with dainty white paws and floppy brown ears. She looks to be more Chihuahua than pug which is disappointing to me {I've wanted a pug for years now} but the baby and the puppy get along pretty well. Pumpkin knows that the puppy is hers, even if she's still learning how to interact with her, and she likes to have her puppy with her during naps and "quiet time." The puppy seems to sense that Daddy is fun to play with and that I'm pregnant so she'll wrap herself around my belly for a nap. It's very cute. Poor Daddy now has four girls {counting the one on the way} and is sadly outnumbered but he doesn't seem to mind too much. He rather wished it on himself years ago anyway.
While our house situation hasn't yet changed and the job situation is still just covering it, the emotional roller coaster we've been on seems to be nearing the end of the tunnel. At least, I really hope it is because I don't think it's been doing Baby much good and she's not even born yet. Pumpkin is settling down and seems to be improving; she can stand freely and walk on her own a little now which is great. I feel comfortable enough to start picking up my hobbies periodically and wrote in my food journal for the first time since October the other day. The entry was all about Pumpkin's new diet and how I plan to make it work, along with what we've already done in that department so far and surprisingly, we've managed to do quite a bit.
We'll see how this springy calm lasts and for how long.
No comments:
Post a Comment