Thursday, October 1, 2015

October!

Oh October! The gem of the year! My favorite month {and not just because I was born in it}. And the most beautiful and enchanting of all the months. And today was the almost perfect way to greet the month - it rained! A lovely storm rolled in yesterday, sprinkled for half an hour, and then rained all night and most of the morning. It's finally tapering off now toward early afternoon but the ground is still glistening wet and the air smells so fresh and clear. Perhaps this will finally be the year it rains again on my birthday? The one and only time that happened was when I turned nine.


Anyway, while it was a glorious way to begin the wonderful month of October, it could've been a little bit of a more romantic way to begin the day. We have a swamp cooler in one of our bedroom windows and the rain drumming on it produced an uneven loud sound that kept waking all of us up and when the baby is awake, I get woken up because she thinks she has to nurse. And then we had to go to work instead of staying home and enjoying a real rare rainy day snuggled under the covers eating the cookies I baked yesterday and watching it rain. Or possibly coaxing Daddy to take a walk with us in the cool wet outside world. But we still are enjoying a good day; Auntie took us thrift store shopping which the baby enjoyed even though all we got her were lots of clothes. It seemed safer not to show her where all the toys were till she's older. And we get to go to the library later! That's always fun. :)

October is always such a fun beautiful month and I currently only have a handful of social and writing projects penciled in so the whole month is up for grabs for Baby and I to enjoy. We plan to take a fall photo session with the baby and the pumpkins I bought, go to an apple festival and hopefully get the ball rolling on a secret book project of mine before I chicken out. I'll try to get some more reviews up at my other blog, so look out for those and please do enjoy the summaries of this season's shows. I'm shooting for less than last year; too many good shows were on last year. Anyways, I'm off to find some cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment