Thursday, October 8, 2015

Night Weaning Experiment

I can't get up to check my camera for new pictures to post because it's in the other room on the diaper bag and the toddle baby is asleep on my lap. I've been trying a new experiment to get her to stay in her own bed at night but we're running out of alcohol.

Just kidding.

I put her her to sleep in her own bed and then tell her to stay there when she wakes up at midnight looking for me. She's almost 21 months old - she doesn't need to nurse all night long anymore or kick the blankets off us. So I get down and nurse her back to sleep in her own bed for a few minutes then lay there pretending I can't hear her whiny noises as she tries to process this and convince me to keep nursing her. Last night she did that for two hours before sitting up and trying to wedge herself between the bed and the diaper boxes next to it. She got brought back into bed at two am. The night before I only had to spend an hour trying to get her to stay in her own bed and she cried for five minutes before going to sleep till two am. But then she slept till seven so I got a little bit of sleep. Last night she just kicked the blankets and wiggled around for hours.

So that was night two of my experiment. Tonight will be the third night. I'm gonna give it a full week or two to make sure it'll pass or fail before trying something else. As I explained to my husband, if she's in her own bed, she can't access me easily and nurse all night long which should in theory help with the night weaning process. Right?

The thought that keeps going through my head is, "You're gonna be two! I can't nurse a two year old. I want to talk your Daddy into having a second baby. You're gonna be two. Get on my schedule and stop nursing so much!" Sometimes it gets a little crazy when I'm home alone with my thoughts and a very energetic but super cute toddle baby.

She'll stay in her own bed and nurse less eventually, right? Maybe I should invest in some more chocolate in case my experiment fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment