Friday, May 8, 2015

Our Routine


So our daily routine goes something like this: Husband gets up at seven and goes to work, Baby sleeps restlessly till eight and then we get up to enjoy some oatmeal in bed before getting dressed and starting the day.

Once dressed, the very energetic baby is set on the floor and released. On this particular day, while I made the bed, she made a mess "organizing" the DVDs, her toys and the pillows on the floor.

Apparently it was a lot of fun being a mischievous little baby.


She also attempted to help make the bed when really she just wanted the camera.


When she was denied the camera, she went back to her floor.

And sprawled across Mount Pillow for awhile.

Then I started cleaning and straightening up. Usually this involves taking dishes to the kitchen, picking up socks and trying not to trip over the baby.

She follows me around and gets into her little favorite areas to mess up, like the bathroom cabinet or the canned food cabinet which has since been blocked off.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, us girls pile into my sister's truck and go work the store. The baby was digging her borrowed car seat in the above picture when both her parents forgot to take hers out before Daddy went to work.

While at the store she is usually well behaved but does have her areas of interest.

Meanwhile, back at home on non-store days, I'll pick an organizing project for the day and she'll "help." On this day, she found a granola bar and spent an hour chewing, sucking on and carrying around the bar, occasionally pretending to be a dog with a bone.

It was very cute.

By then, I've usually done all the surface cleaning and organizing {see socks and bed making above}, so we break for lunch before tackling the dishes.

Sometimes the dishes get pushed back because Baby needs a nap and I don't like doing the dishes while she sleeps. In which case, I work on my current story, read or journal till a squeak in the bedroom lets me know she's awake.

And then we're off to do the dishes and make dinner for when Daddy comes home.

On particularly trying days, both Daddy and Baby are super tired. On this day, they were both so tired they fell asleep waiting for me.

Although I'm pretty sure Daddy was just pretending for the picture's sake.

Anyway, that's generally how our routine goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment