Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lobster Tails

On Saturday, the day after our yummy Crab dinner, my husband treated me to lobster for the first time.I had fun distractedly dividing my attention between him prepping and cooking the two lobster tails, and the book I'm currently reading.

Isn't he cute? I'm glad he didn't cut himself while preparing the lobster.

What he did was he took a knife and split the tails.

Like so.

Then he stuck his fingers in the split and wiggled them around, breaking the shell away from the meat and opening the whole thing up.

He did it to both.

I thought the tail looked interesting. It's an overgrown shrimp!

Once he'd split the shells and all that, he popped, pushed, poked and pinched the shells so they were under the meat, like legs holding it up. I'm not sure how he did that cause I was reading again. But it looked good when he was finished.

These are all the short little legs that the lobster uses to swim with. We were having fun examining it after all the prep.

The finished product, all ready to be cooked. We baked them in the oven for about twenty minutes or so. For added flavor, we melted some butter and minced two cloves of garlic, mixing in some fresh squeezed lemon juice. We dribbled this mixture over the lobster before baking them.

And ta-da! The final product.

It looked a little funny but it was very good. Very salty - I don't know why that surprises me so much; after all, it's from the ocean.

We saved the shells. We're not sure what we're gonna do with them but we saved them anyway. The lobster was yummy, but I liked the crab better. *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment