Saturday, September 17, 2016

Pumpkin and The Gosling

The case is closed! And also, I had a baby.

Let's backtrack. We started Pumpkin on her methotrexate at the end of June with a check up scheduled for early August, right before court. That suited me just fine and let me focus on having Baby. I thought she was for sure coming on July 4th due to bloody show but nope, she wasn't done cooking yet. But late at night a few days later contractions started and my water broke at midnight. This was all super exciting since my water didn't break with Pumpkin {the idiot doctor did it}, and we sent Pumpkin off to stay with her auntie. I had sharp regular contractions till about eight in the morning when everything pretty much stopped. My midwife said not to worry, that my cervix was just tired and things would resume that night or the following day. I was in panic mode since I didn't even know that something like that was possible and I was really worried about having to have an emergency c section. My friends helped calm me down and then I had a nap. We decided to keep Pumpkin at Auntie's though she did come visit me. Around eight that evening the random contractions started to bunch up and become painfully regular. My poor husband raced around getting things ready for me and at eleven-forty, Baby was born! And she was born asleep since apparently that birthing tub was all nice and warm. I was just happy that I only threw up twice {instead of eight times} and that it only took three good pushes to pop the tiny girl out {instead of two or three hours of pushing followed by a nasty episotomy}. Recovery was a lot quicker too. Pumpkin wasn't too sure of the new baby but after staring intently at her for twenty minutes, she seemed to decide that the baby could stay.

Fast forward a little. The joint doctor told us to start Embrel but he'd give us another month on just the Methotrexate but apparently the lawyers didn't like that so they kept the case open another three excruciating weeks and minors court sent an investigator to see our house. That went surprisingly well after two weeks intensive stress cleaning and lots of prayers. We went back to Pumpkin's doctor in early September and got the prescription for the Embrel. He said she only has a little active arthritis in a few joints and her markers in her blood are normal. He's  hoping that by the next appointment in November we can take her off of the Naproxen and Methotrexate but keep her on the Embrel for awhile longer. She's close to remission in other words. Praise the Lord! And she's doing very well with physical therapy too. All in all, mama's happy.

The new baby had a major growth spurt in the span of three days and sent me scrambling for six month onesies. She's got a bit of colic going on but nothing serious. I'm hoping to have time to blog more often in the next few months before the holidays but we'll see. Till another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment